In the January transfer window, Juventus are reportedly eager to lure Jadon Sancho away from Manchester United.
The former Borussia Dortmund player has now been excluded from the squad for nearly a month after publicly criticizing Erik ten Hag for leaving him out of the squad to face Arsenal last month.
Ten Hag said that Sancho’s training performances were subpar, which was contradicted by the winger, who instead claimed that he had been made a “scapegoat” in a shocking social media remark.
While that tweet has since been removed, Sancho is still claimed to be in exile after allegedly refusing to apologize to Ten Hag, and he is even said to be excluded from all first-team facilities.
Sancho was again absent from the team for Saturday’s 2-1 win against Brentford, and Ten Hag was brief when questioned about the Englishman’s predicament.
Sancho is under contract at Old Trafford for another three seasons, but with no end in sight to the standoff, a departure in 2024 appears to be unavoidable.
A return to Dortmund, where he scored 114 goals in 137 games, has been suggested, and Sancho is thought to be eager on a Signal Iduna Park reunion in January.
However, BVB are reportedly hesitant to re-sign Sancho due to concerns over the player’s timekeeping and sleep schedule, although he may be offered an alternate escape route.
According to The Sun, Juventus want to bring the 23-year-old to Serie A in the middle of the season and might offer Man United £60 million to make his stay permanent next summer.
The article says that Juve would demand Man United to pay half of Sancho’s £350,000k-per-week salaries while he works under Massimiliano Allegri in Turin.
Nonetheless, considering Man United’s eagerness to offload the attacker, the Bianconeri are optimistic about achieving an agreement under those parameters.
Man United won a heated struggle to get Sancho from Dortmund in 2021, paying £73 million for the Englishman’s services, but he has only 12 goals and six assists in 82 games.
Last season, the former Manchester City teenager spent a significant amount of time away from the first team to work on physical and mental issues, and he failed to score or assist in three Premier League games this season before being demoted.
Along with Sancho’s absence, Manchester United had to deal with Antony’s absence for a few weeks as the Brazilian fought charges of domestic violence from three women, which he rejected.
However, after submitting to police questioning, the Brazilian returned to the squad and came off the bench as a second-half substitute in Saturday’s thrilling win over Brentford, when Scott McTominay scored two injury-time goals to cancel out a Mathias Jensen opening.